Thu, Dec 07|
Fair Play 101 for Women /those Socialized as Women
This 90-minute workshop is an Introduction to Fair Play for the overwhelmed keepers of the mental load/default parents. We will talk about societal conditioning, how to lighten your load, strategies for engaging your partner, and steps for getting started with Fair Play.
Time & Location
Dec 07, 2023, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM EST
About the event
This 90-minute online Fair Play 101 workshop is for women/those socialized as women who are:
- doing too much at home, and
- ready for change but
- not quite ready to engage their partners.
This workshop will be an introduction to Fair Play with an emphasis on:
- Making time for you
- Social conditioning - what we are taught by society makes a "good" girl/woman
- Unlearning - Letting it go and creating a new normal
- What you can do to lessen your load
- How to invite your partner to join you with Fair Play to bring your shared vision to life
Fair Play is a time and anxiety-saving system that offers couples a completely new way to divvy up their domestic responsibilities. Fair Play is about a fair and equitable division of domestic labor rooted in your shared values. It's about taking the time to have the conversations that matter to bring your shared vision to life. Fair Play is about treating your home as your most important organization.
You'll leave the course with:
- strategies for to lightening your load
- a new vocabulary for talking about and thinking about domestic life
- a plan for finding more equity at home
- strategies for inviting your partner to join you
After the class, I'll send you:
- A downloadable copy of the Fair Play cards
- A quickstart Fair Play manual
- A spreadsheet to help you manage your deck (and more)
The workshop will take place on Zoom. You can participate as much or as little as you like. You are welcome to keep your video off.
The transgender and gender-expansive community is welcome.